Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun!

Saturday night we dyed Easter eggs. Richie and I have dyed eggs every year since we met and it is a tradition we look forward to. This year, Richie took over because I have been a little under the weather and also I had SO MUCH TO DO before the next morning. Anyway, Richie decided to turn this year into a mini chemistry lesson, and the kids really liked learning about acids while coloring their eggs:)

The next morning Richie and I got up early to get ready for brunch at my moms house. While getting ready we saw the Easter Bunny had come, and brought our kids lots of goodies. The kids got up and opened their baskets, and then promptly starting fighting. They fought all the way up to my parents house, and then fought most of the day. It was such a relaxing day.

We hunted for eggs at the Ranch which is another tradition for us, and thank goodness most of
the snow has melted.
Lancer and Ryker were both under the weather, so they were not very into finding eggs this year. Good thing I filled 3 dozen:)
We had fun though, we had brunch with my parents, my Nana, and my Aunt Paula and Uncle Jim. After brunch, we played Wii, played with my parents new baby goat, and spent hours watching our horse, just in case she decided to give birth while we were watching.
Also this week he have been babysitting some animals. Since it was spring break at Lancer's school, Miss Amanda asked us if we would watch the class bird while she was in Europe. We have watched Phoebe before and she is a easy keeper, although when I said yes I forgot we now have a cat. Then a few days later, Richie agreed to watch his friend Sean's two dogs Bailey and Brandy. We are not used to having little dogs, and although they are great dogs, they are a lot more work than our big malamute. We have to keep them away from the cat, and the bird. Sunday morning, they went after our cat and she showed them what happens when you chase a barn cat. They both have some nice battle scars, and the cat is now permanently hiding under my bed. So it has been a lot of work keeping Phoebe away from the cat and dogs, the dogs away from the cat, and just keeping my sanity.






1 comment: