I am so glad today is almost over. Today, Lancer had a ski race at Brighton. We did not have a sitter for Ryker and because I had some minor surgery a week ago, I decided it was best not to ski and just cheer Lancer on from the finish.
When I woke up this morning @ 5am, I had a feeling it would not be a good idea to take Ryker. So I told Richie that we were going to stay home and I went back to bed feeling like a crummy mom for missing my son's race, but something told me Ryker would not co-operate sitting outside from 7:30am to 1pm. About a hour later, Richie called me and told me that Lancer really wanted me to come, and we should come later around 9:30am. So I get Ryker up and we set out to Salt Lake. This is when the whining started.
"Mommmm.....My muffin doesn't taste good, I don't waaaaaaaaannnnnt it"
"Nooooo....Don't listen to the news. I can't hear my music"
"Whyyyyyy are we not there yet? It's been soooooooooo long!"
"I'm hungry!"
By the time we started up Big Cottonwood Canyon, my patience was starting to wear thin.
We got to Brighton and start over to the finish line to meet Richie. After a trip in the lodge for some cocoa and Doritos (Breakfast of champions!) I try to keep him entertained for a few minutes so I can cheer on the other Snowbasin kids.
"My cocoa's to hoooooooooot!"
"My cocoa's to coooooold!"
"I don't wannnnna stand outside"
"Hold me"
This last one is something I am not supposed to do after having surgery. But I risked pulling my stitches, just to get a few minutes of quiet.
Finally, Lancer's name is announced. He came over the ridge in a tuck, going really fast. Richie and I got really excited, thinking he would definitely place in the top few. Then I saw him skid. He balanced on one leg, with the other out to his side, still going too fast. Then his body went forward and he belly flopped, legs still split on either side. He got right back up and finished the race. Even after falling, he still placed #23.
This is when Ryker threw himself down on the ground and started SCREAMING. He wanted to go home. I tried to calm him down while I chatted with other parents. He continued to scream. I took him into the lodge. He screamed. I took him to the car. He screamed. His fit continued until I entered the I-215 belt route. That's when he fell asleep.
I decided to throw my diet out the window and stop at Pei-Wei in Bountiful. Ryker wanted a drink. I told him no. The guy gave him a sprite anyway. He took about 2 drinks of it and dropped it all over the floor. While I was cleaning it up. He piped up with "Wow, it sure has been a beautiful day today."
Later, Richie and Lancer got home and from 4:00-8:00 they argued about everything from which wii game to play, to who was getting the most Daddy time.
But it WAS a beautiful day.
8 years ago




Ohhhhh.....Autumn how I can relate to this post!!!! That is so fun your oldest is ski racing how exciting!!!
ReplyDelete