I know it has been forever since I posted, but it has been a crazy couple of months.
School Started...
 |
| Lancer starting the 4th grade |
 |
| Ryker's first day of Preschool |
Weddings and Baseball Games...
 |
| Our niece Alyssa |
 |
| Bumble and the boys |
We have also been prepping for ski season (See ya Snowbasin Alpine Team, The Rouglah's are headed to Snowbird!), Hubby is changing work, yard work, canning,etc. We needed a break.
So last weekend we took a trip to Moab to attend our friend Justin's wedding. We left Ryker at home with my parents and took Lancer, getting some quality time with our (soon to be) 9 year old.
Richie has been in the process of changing companies and so he was pretty stressed out. He was weighing different options, and I hoped he would be able to "check out" and have a good time.
Friday morning about 36 of us along with the bride and groom, headed out for a day long river rafting trip.
 |
36 people crammed in a old school bus-
Brought me right back to high school |
I had never been on one before and it was so much fun. I can't wait to do another one again soon. Lancer loved it, but wished the rapids were higher. He really wanted to fall out of the boat. The guides of our 4 rafts fixed us an amazing lunch, and then guide taught lancer how to row the boat.
 |
| Lancer and Jay our guide |
After a long but awesome day, we headed back to the hotel. When I called to check on
Ryker, I got some horrible news that definitely put a damper on the day. While
Ryker and my mom were feeding the horses that morning, they found our old horse moose had suddenly gotten very sick. The vet ended up having to come and put him to sleep. I was so sad that I wasn't there to say goodbye to him. I was even sadder that I had to break the news to Lancer that his best buddy was no longer with us. He took it as I expected. Let's just say he kept his sunglasses on for the rest of the night, and kept asking the waitress at dinner for more napkins. We talked about doing some kind of memorial to Moose, which Lancer liked and made him feel a little better.
Then next day we went to Arches National Park.
 |
| Delicate Arch |
We hiked around looking at the amazing scenery, but Lancer was not into hiking around for very long. We just wanted to get back to the hotel pool! I could have stayed there all day, but we gave in and left early so Lancer could swim and I could start getting ready for the wedding.

The wedding was very beautiful but HOT!!! Richie and I wore matching clothes by total accident.
 |
| Mr and Mrs Rouglah |
Right after the ceremony we went and changed our clothes. Did I mention how hot it was? After some fish tacos we were much more relaxed and ready to get our groove on.
Lancer seemed to be channeling John Travolta because that boy danced. He was dancing on rocks, dancing on chairs, and dancing with all the ladies. He even did some dancing air guitar! He seemed to entertain everyone.
The best part of the trip was that that my hubby got to get away from the stress of work and spend some time with his good friends. Since he has moved from SLC, he does not see these guys very often, and his good friend Frank recently moved to
Moab to open a
new sushi restaurant. Frank was able to come to the wedding and I was so glad to see Richie having such a good time.
 |
| Richie, Frank, and Johnny |
No comments:
Post a Comment