The Week of Christmas started out with the boys' Holiday performance at school. Because of some custody arrangement. I was not able to get any video just still photos, so Ryker is kind of hard to see. I could tell you how I feel about the no video rule, but that would take way too much time.
Lancer had 3 performances. His class skit, orchestra, and Spanish. He started playing the violin a few months ago and really likes it and is actually pretty good at it.
Then, one of my best friends Jodi took my boys to dinner and to see Arthur Christmas, so Richie and I could get some shopping done. It was great. We did a marathon shopping session at Smith and Edwards, and various other stores and even had time to drop in at the City Club for dinner. They beat us home and I think this picture says it all about what a good time they had.
Later that week, Richie's company put on a Christmas party just for the kids. They have kid friendly snacks and drinks and Santa comes and gives each kid a gift. The kids loved it last year and could not wait for it again this year.
Here Lancer is trying to convince Santa that he has been good.
Ryker rockin his Freddy Kreuger shirt
Christmas Eve was all about the Utes this year. Both boys got Ute pajamas and lets just say they have been worn A LOT ever since.
Richie got a Ute sweat shirt.This year Richie was determined to give his sister a shake weight. I'm not sure why, but I think it has to do with a brother is never to old to torment his sister.
Thankfully she got the joke. It provided quite a few laughs that night.
Lizette opening her shake weight...
The joke gifts did not stop there though. On Christmas Eve, Richie and I thought it would be really funny to wrap up some of the kids toys and put under the tree "from Mom and Dad". We wrapped them in box after box so it would take a lot of time to open. We even wrapped up some of Zuul's toys and labeled them "from Zuul". I know, we have a sick sense of humor sometimes.
Lancer was really excited to open his gift from Zuul. I think she was excited too....
They were both really good sports about the whole thing. And some of the things have even been given a new life and played with more than before! But when Lancer had to open 3 boxes just to receive his Bees' foam finger, he didn't think it was very funny anymore.
He was happy to get a new Army jacket and patches though.....
And even though Santa didn't come through on the "Authentic WWII Army Helmet", he liked his plastic one just the same....Ryker was excited to get one too.....
Zuul loves Christmas. She ran around trying to play with everything at once....
I got Jammies and seasons 4 and 5 of my all time favorite T.V. show "Moonlighting". I LOVE doing my own shopping.....
Richie did his own shopping too. So lots of Sci-Fi movies!Then we had breakfast......
And then I went to bed and took a 3 hour nap. It was glorious.
Another Christmas season down.......





















No comments:
Post a Comment