So the 12th was Lancer's birthday. Richie and I broke down and surprised him with a Red Ryder BB Gun. How a child of mine could be so in love with guns is beyond me. He was SO EXCITED I thought he was going to pass out. Anyway, we had cake and ice cream and pizza for dinner. (Lancer got his own because his favorite is ham with NO CHEESE-yuck!)

Lancer is a really special child. He loves to be outside doing boy things and he is always one to help with the chores. Little household chores are not his style. He only likes big things, like hauling hay or moving irrigation pipe and mowing lawns on the riding lawn mower. He has loves to ride his horse Moose and ski, and of course fish and shoot his gun. (again, my child???) He loves to be with his grandparents, and can be the sweetest boy ever (just not to his little brother.) He is going through a Michael Jackson phase, which at first I was concerned about, but I think he just like to watch the dancing and of course, he loves Thriller because he loves anything scary.

For the first couple of years after he was born, Richie stayed home with him while working on his Master's Degree. They were always doing things outside and having a fun time while I was slaving away at work;) Anyway, the video below is one of Lancer's first time skiing. As you can see by the end of the video, Richie has not taught him how to stop yet!
We Love you Lancer "the hurricane"




No comments:
Post a Comment