Monday, October 19, 2009

THRILLER!!!!!

On Saturday, we took Lancer to see the Odyssey Dance Theatre's annual performance of Thriller. For those of you who are not familiar with this it is a huge dance performance of all things Halloween, which is just Lancer and I love. The performance was at Kingsbury Hall at the University of Utah, and that made Richie really excited to show Lancer around the campus where he had spent so much time. We were early, so we parked by the Chemistry bldg and walked around the campus. We also saw the different engineering buildings, and all the many buildings where Richie had taken math classes (there were lots!). Lancer tried to get into it but was really like "yeah Dad, math smath-Where are the zombies????"
Richie spent A LOT of time in this building working
on really large math equations!!!

We got there early and Lancer got to see all the zombies that roam around outside. Once the dance started he was so into it, it was fun just watching him. I kept checking on him to see if he was even blinking. It was so fun and some of the dancing was incredible. It was also very funny. I think I will try and make this a yearly tradition.
Lancer and the Zombie he thought was kinda cute!
After the show, we took Lancer to the Old Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square Mall. I have not been there in YEARS and it has not changed at all. Lancer loved it. It was kinda sad to see that on a Saturday afternoon, the mall was EMPTY. I did sneak into Pottery Barn Kids and think of all the things I would buy if I won the lottery. Then we came home and played Rock band with Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Steve.

It was a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment